Interested in Sponsoring our Event? Click Here!
The Buffalo Soldiers of the American West are returning this year with even more spectacular demonstrations, including: Color Guard, Manual of Arms, Mounted Exercises, and Saber Drills. This year we have more space available for them, so if you were wowed last year, you can plan on even more demonstrations of military horsemanship. If you weren't able to attend last year, then this is your chance to see an amazing program. Also, save your old, tired American flags. They will take care of them for you in a moving flag retirement ceremony. To learn more about this unit, their various activities and history, you can go here.
For your added enjoyment, The Legendary Ladies, founded in 1992, are bringing us their, “Unconventional Women of the West" program. Their mission is to promote the history of women who made unique contributions to the West. Travel back in history with us as we get to know some really amazing women.
- Klondike Kate - Gold Rush Entertainer
- Dr. Susan Anderson, MD - Colorado Frontier Doctor, and inspiration for the TV series, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
- Mary Rippon, First female professor at CU, Boulder
- Ellis Meredith, Suffragest
- Calamity Jane, Needs no description.
- Prairie Rose Henderson, Rodeo Star
To learn more about the Legendary Ladies group and their programs, you can go to their website here.